Thursday, August 16, 2007

1 More Week and We're on a plane!!

I realized at about 4PM today while playing in the pool with Riley and her friend Bridget that Rob and I will be literally flying to get Hannah a mere week from that moment! There's no good way to describe the mixture of anxiety, excitement, frustration, joy and anticipation that I'm feeling now. It's completely surreal. Unbelievably, we STILL do not have our plane tickets, itinerary or my passport(Rob got his back early for his London trip)! I think that our agency enjoys torturing us. Every time I see a FedEx truck, I get a knot in my stomach and my heart beats faster. That's not right. I did make Hannah's first pediatrician appointment with Riley's doctor for Sep. 10th, so I really hope we're back for it. Who knows? Rob is starting to tap into my nervous streak and has joined me in freaking out which is comforting in some bizarre way. I do have to say that we are pretty prepared to go in terms of our packing list. We plan to do major final babyproofing this weekend and pack our clothes,too. I will work my last night at Cathryn's this Saturday. A momentous occasion after 7 years of waiting tables there. Rob only has 3 workdays left. I think the 2 weeks that we're going to China is the longest time we have not worked since before we got married! What a phenomenal trip this is going to be! Time off from work and a beautiful new daughter to bring home.....it doesn't get any better than that!

No comments: