Monday, July 23, 2007

Holy Cow! A Baby Shower?!?!?!

OK, I have never been more surprised in my life! On Friday night, July 20th, I popped over my friend Becky's house with my other pal Lisa just to hang out, gossip and watch a movie. Turns out, I'd been had! A slew of fantastic friends and family were lying in wait to shower me with presents!! As soon as Rob gets back from his job at the Cape, I will post pictures that prove I had no idea because I'm not wearing any makeup whatsoever! Hannah is more eagerly anticipated than even I thought - what amazing, thoughtful gifts! I am still so overwhelmed by the generosity of my friends and family. Our life is truly blessed. I am also impressed by the acting abilities of my parents, Lisa, Kara, Michelle H. and Camille. (Rob's always been a good actor, so he gets no kudos). I talked with all of them in the 24 hours leading up to the shower and no one let on even a little bit. Well done! Now I'd really better start packing - I've got some great stuff to put in the luggage. Still no definite word on the travel dates yet. Rob is going to London in a couple of weeks and will need the passport that our agency has to obtain our Chinese visas, but with any luck, we'll have that all sorted out by then. I keep telling myself only 4 more weeks(I hope) and we'll finally be on the plane to Guangzhou and Hannah En Ming! Thanks everybody for the love, gifts and prayers - you are incredible!

No comments: