Thursday, February 28, 2008

Happy 6 months since Gotcha Day!(a day late)


Well, I really did mean to post yesterday but was just too busy. We had a visit from our sweet social worker, Terri, to check up on Miss Hannah's progress at the 6 months home mark! She will officially be home 6 months on March 8th, but it's unbelievable to think that 6 months have already gone by since we were nervously waiting in that Civil Affairs Office in Guangzhou to meet our new daughter! Terri was amazed at how much Hannah has grown since she saw her in September and was impressed with her speech and thought she was just adorable. Of course she is! We had to submit photos to be sent back to China that show her with friends and family and I spent the last few weeks putting poor Hannah through all the blood work and tests that I couldn't bear to put her through when we first arrived home. She HATED the blood work (who doesn't?) and I hated doing the stool sample(again, who doesn't?) but she's just fine and now we can send all that paperwork in. We have one more visit from Terri in August at the 1 year mark and then I can stop worrying that I may be doing something wrong and this wonderful child will be gone. Completely paranoid, I know, but this adoption process stresses me out no matter how much I tell myself that everything is ok now and Hannah is all ours. The truth is she is incredible, intelligent, funny, determined and every bit the curious 2 year old and we could not love her more. It's been a fantastic 6 months.

No comments: