Sunday, January 25, 2009

THE NEW HOUSE!!








Wow-
It's been a busy month and a half.  We moved on my 40th birthday (not the day I had in mind but nice to get a big house as a present).  The weather promptly decided to dump snow, snow and more snow on us, so my parents' housewarming gift of a snowblower could not have been more perfect!  We managed to get a Christmas tree in time for the big day and enjoyed our first holiday in our new digs.  We feel like the house is our new full time job (as I'm sure every new homeowner does) and spend every weekend at Home Depot one day/painting,unpacking,putting furniture together the other.  It's great, though.  The extra space seems ridiculously large - I'm loving it.  More than that, the kids can jump, run and be loud without my constant worry that they're disturbing the neighbors.  BIG RELIEF!  We really are blessed to be here.  My very favorite part of this new living space is the view we have out the back of it - it's truly spectacular especially at sunset. Oh and also I could not love the school bus picking Riley up more.  I can ease into my day :)   The time since we've moved in has flown and I cannot believe that Hannah's 3rd birthday is tomorrow! She is now in her "big girl bed"! (She finally realized that she could jump out of that crib).   It is a happy new year.

No comments: